Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just received this in an email
Make and share this Copycat Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash parsley, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- SAUCE: Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced onions, salt, and pepper; cook 10 minutes or until softened and golden browned, stir frequently.
- Add both wines, broth, vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- BEEF: Lightly rub filets with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill to preferred temperature. Place onions and sauce on a platter and top with steaks. Garnish with parsley and rosemary.
I've made this several times, since getting it off of another copycat website. It's my son's absolute favorite way to eat steaks! It is tender, juicy, and very flavorful! It's also extremely easy to make, and I make it even easier by using the same cast iron skillet for cooking the steaks, then the onions, then simmering them together. I have rosemary growing like crazy, and am always looking for ways to use it! This is a great way!