Recipe by JackieMarie
I just posted in the forum for this recipe and Impera_Magna found it! So I am posting this so I don't lose it and the rest of us can enjoy it!
Top Review by natty111
I used to wait tables at Don Pablo's in my college days and have been on the hunt for their salsa recipe for years. My search is over - I finally found a recipe that is close enough to the original product. I did add extra cilantro, but that is personal preference. I generally like a chunkier salsa, but this is perfect as well. It also freezes great - the recipe makes quite a bit and I am the only salsa eater in the house. Thanks so much for posting.
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red onions or 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes, onions, tomato paste, water, garlic powder, cilantro, cumin, salt and sugar in a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add remaining measure of tomatoes and mix till blended. (Fresh, diced tomatoes may be substituded for diced canned tomatoes.)
- Add optional jalepeno peppers to taste.