Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool and tasty lunch that can be a little tricky to eat unless you buy a skinny cucumber or cut the finished sandwich into slice, I saw a photo on pinterest of a sandwich using cucumber instead of bread. Well the first try tasted good but was very had to eat because I had used a normal size cucumber and in the end cut it into bite size rounds. My second attempt was much better because I found a nice thin cucumber. I used Laughing Cow 50% less fat cheese 35 calories a wedge and 99% fat free turkey 60 calories making this not only low carb but also low fat and low cal :)
- 1 cucumber, regular length but not too fat
- 3⁄4 ounce Laughing Cow cheese, 1 wedge any flavor you like
- 6 slices turkey meat, thin sliced you can also use ham, beef what ever you would like
- fresh dill (optional)
- Scrub cucumber well and dry. Cut on half horizontally and then cut each half vertically in half, you should now have 4 pieces that you can scrape the seeds and pulp out of to make what looks somewhat like 4 little canoes.
- I used a paper towel to just kind of pick up the excess moisture and spread half the cheese into two of the cucumber halves (it is more mushing than spreading LOL), add a little fresh dill if you like, roll three slice of meat and place on one of the cheesy cucumbers and repeat with the rest of the meat and other cheesy cucumber half.
- Place the two plain cucumber pieces onto of the filled bottoms so that you have what looks somewhat like a little like a sub sandwich.