Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. When the hot, humid days of summer require something flavorful and cool to eat, this is the perfect soup. I make a big batch on the weekend and I'm set for lunch or dinner for several days. A salad and some crusty bread and it's the perfect meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and cleaned (small)
- 16 ounces white corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely minced
- Saute onion, curry and garlic until onion is translucent. Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp is just pink – about five minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Place 2 cups corn, ranch dressing, yogurt and buttermilk in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to large storage container. Add remaining corn, shrimp mixture, salt, pepper and Tabasco, stirring well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve soup in chilled bowls, sprinkling top with chives.
Yum! This recipe looks like creamy comfort food at its best!