Recipe by mmleverette
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. When the hot, humid days of summer require something flavorful and cool to eat, this is the perfect soup. I make a big batch on the weekend and I'm set for lunch or dinner for several days. A salad and some crusty bread and it's the perfect meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and cleaned (small)
- 16 ounces white corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, curry and garlic until onion is translucent. Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp is just pink – about five minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Place 2 cups corn, ranch dressing, yogurt and buttermilk in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to large storage container. Add remaining corn, shrimp mixture, salt, pepper and Tabasco, stirring well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve soup in chilled bowls, sprinkling top with chives.