Recipe by 2bizzy
I know there are a million chili recipes posted, so I'm posting this mostly so I don't lose it. It's a good basic chili that the kids will eat and it's WW points friendly. (5 points per serving)
Top Review by Pickles McGee
Even though I substituted a couple ingredients, this was really good! I skipped the crockpot, used ground turkey instead of beef, and I had some adzuki beans I needed to use for something, so I thought why not chili? I served it with jalapeno cornbread. Better than I expected!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground round in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until borwn, stirring to crumble.
- Add next 7 ingredients (onion through garlic), and cook for 7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Place mixture in an electric slow cooker and stir in beans and tomatoes.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat setting for 4* hours.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- This can also be done on the stove top: After adding beans and tomatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partialy covered, 1 1/2 hours.
- *I leave mine in the crockpot about 8 hours while I'm at work and it comes out fine.