Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great time-saver to have this cookie dough ready in your freezer!
Top Review by chefthyme
If you have someone in your circle of friends and family who doesn't like to bake from scratch (like my sister) this makes a great gift! One recipe of dough fits nicely in a 5 cup container. Another idea is to scoop the dough up using a mini scoop (like a tiny ice cream scoop) and freeze the little cookie balls until solid. Then you can toss them into a freezer bag and pull out only what you need. By the time the oven is ready, they're pretty well thawed. Worked great when we were selling our house and I wanted the mouth-watering aroma of fresh-baked cookies prior to the showing, but no one was home except my 19 year old. She could pop in a dozen like a pro! Always impressed! Thanks Kittencal!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl; beat the shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in the sugars and baking soda; beat until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Beat in flour.
- Use immediately, or cover and chill for up to 24 hours (dough may be placed in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 6 months.
- Thaw out overnight in refrigerator before baking).
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- FOR PEANUT BUTTER BUDDIES: Add 1/2 cup peanut butter with the eggs and vanilla, after flour, stir in 2 cups Reeses Pieces into dough.
- FOR SUPER-CHUNK CHIPPERS: Sir in 1 cup coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate, 1 cup coarsley chopped milk chocolate, and 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans into dough Drop dough from 1/4 cup measuring cup, about 4-inches apart onto cookie sheet; flatten cookies slightly with a spoon Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are light brown.