1/1 Photo of Cooked Custard Eggnog
Good Cook Wanda's Note:
This is a very good eggnog for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk in a large saucepan, don't boil.
- 2Beat eggs and salt in a large bowl; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- 3Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot milk into egg mixture; add to remaining hot milk, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until misture thickens and reaches 160 degrees.
- 5Stir in 1/4 tsp nutmeg and vanilla.
- 6Set saucepan in larger pan of ice for 10 minutes to rapidly cool mixture.
- 7Cover and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
- 8When ready to serve, fold in whipping cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooked Custard Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 82.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g