These are so chewy and good. I am a middle of the pan kind of bar eater, but the edges of these are...yum!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the margarine and stir in the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Then all of the dry ingredients.
- Finally the chips and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 10 x 15-inch pan and bake 25-30 minutes (you can use a 9 x13 BUT the cookies will take at least ten more minutes to get done in the center and by the 30 minute mark you will need to cover with foil to prevent over browning).
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes (if possible) and cut into squares -- store in an airtight container. Makes 30 small squares.
This was excellent. I used a 2 1/4 cups of flour and it still came out moist. I also made sure that I used the 10 x 15 pan. This was a big hit in my house for snow day!
This is my daughter's favorite cookie, and this is my favorite recipe for it. I looked at recipe 118145 as recommended by KWS, and I saw one big difference: the other cookie bakes in a 9 x 13 pan. This recipe does much better in the recommended 10 x 15 pan, so if she used the smaller one she didn't get as good a result.
The blondie with choc. chip recipe (#118145) on this site is far superior to this. I don't really know what made the difference since both recipes are pretty similar. I did add coconut to this recipe to throw my sugar-fasting coconut-hating DH off the scent, but I don't believe that could've wrecked the original recipe.