Recipe by startnover
These are so chewy and good. I am a middle of the pan kind of bar eater, but the edges of these are...yum!
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (only use 1 c if you really like nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the margarine and stir in the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Then all of the dry ingredients.
- Finally the chips and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 10 x 15-inch pan and bake 25-30 minutes (you can use a 9 x13 BUT the cookies will take at least ten more minutes to get done in the center and by the 30 minute mark you will need to cover with foil to prevent over browning).
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes (if possible) and cut into squares -- store in an airtight container. Makes 30 small squares.