Here's a great, easy, dip for parties, SuperBowl's,or just anytime you want to fix something to go with those chips. You can make this in the microwave!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed (can use low-sodium)
- 3/4 cup salsa (mild or medium)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can use lows-fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can use fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1In a 1-qt. microwave-safe casserole,, mash the beans with a fork.
- 2Stir in the salsa, chili powder, cumin, and salt, if desired. Stir to mix well. Stir in the cheese.
- 3Cover with the casserole lid, and microwave on high power for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through. Remove from the microwave. Stir to mix in the melted cheese. Spread the sour cream on top. Sprinkle with the chives.
- 4Serve warm with tortilla chips (can use fat-free chips). Cover and refrigerate leftovers, which will keep 4 to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Con Queso Bean Dip (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 543.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g