Quick and Easy Chile Con Queso Dip
Beatrice Ojakangas, The Best Casserole Book Ever
- Ready In:
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1/2 cup salsa
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all the ingredients except the tortilla chips in a 1-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly.
- Serve with crisp tortilla chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really enjoyed this dip - great jumping off point for add-ins (cooked crumbled ground beef or chicken shreds) too! I think a little spice would be nice so next time, maybe some cumin or cayenne pepper. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I did make a change, though - I layered every thing in my small crockpot and set it on high. I let it heat for 30 minutes, while I did other things and then gave it a good stir - VOILA! it was ready! Thanks for sharing, ratherbeswimmin'!Reply