Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious concoction that seems like it took a lot of time but you can whip up in about 10 minutes under pressure. You start with jarred salsa (whatever heat you like) and freshen it up with jalapeno, avocado, onion and shrimp. A shot of lime brightens the flavor and you're ready to hit the patio for a visit with your company. Also great to take to a cookout. Try it with the Chili-Lime Tortilla Chips.
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled seeded and diced
- 4 ounces baby shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Place shrimp in strainer and run under cold water until thawed, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and avocado.
- In medium bowl place salsa, onion, avocado and shrimp.
- Squeeze lime juice over all.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, if desired.
MMMM! This is like a poor man's ceviche! I didnt use tortilla chips..just my spoon!!!! LOL Thanks for a super easy way for me to get my fix. Made for ZWT4 Zingo.
Awesome! I used a mild salsa (and my husband added some kind of hot peppers to his serving), red onion, and a 4 oz can of "tiny" shrimp. This was really good. In fact, thinking about it right now for the review makes me hear it calling from the fridge. Mmmmm. Reviewed for ZWT4.
Almost passed on this recipe because of the avocado, but then decided to try it since it included the shrimp & salsa ~ So glad I did, 'cause THIS IS WONDERFUL! I did use a rather small avocado & a mild salsa! Served with corn scoops & some tortilla chips! [Made & reviewed in the Family Picks part of Zaar World Tour 4]