Recipe by Trinkets
Sometimes we're in the mood for turkey and this is a quick, easy way to satisfy that craving. The gravy is wonderful over brown rice. Serve with a steamed green vegetable and hot bread with butter. Talk about comfy and wholesome! Leftover sliced turkey on French bread is THE BEST sandwich when served with the hot gravy.
- 3 -4 lbs turkey breast
- 2 -3 tablespoons creole seasoning, try Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the pot.
- Mix the stock, Sofrito, and wine together and pour into the pot.
- Wash and dry the turkey breast.
- Cover the turkey with mustard and sprinkle with pepper and Creole Seasoning and put the turkey on top of the onions.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove turkey after it has finished cooking, pour sauce into sauce pan and reduce in half.
- Make a beurre manie by mixing the butter and flour together.
- Add the buerre manie to the sauce, whisk until thick and serve.