1/1 Photo of Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
I love this soup. Very rich and creamy. I serve it with biscuits and honey. My kids even like the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I actually like to add the chicken and vegetables first before the noodles and cook for an hour or so, then add the cream mix and noodles and simmer on the back of the stove for a couple of hours. I love having the smell of the soup cooking all day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 cup broth and butter in small saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil over high heat.
- 3Continue to boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup and has a syrupy consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Stir in cream.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Bring remaining 12 cups broth to a boil in Dutch oven.
- 7Add egg noodles and celery; cook until noodles are tender.
- 8Stir in reserved cream mixture; add chicken.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper, add parsley.
- 10Heat just to serving temperature.
- 11Do not boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 1793.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 31.3 g