1/3 Photos of Colorful Potato Soup
1 hr 15 mins
I had to post this because it is one of my daughter's favorite meals. We top it with shredded cheese, and have yeast rolls on the side. It isn't spicy, so most kids like it. This recipe came from "Now You're Cookin" Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced, about 2 pounds
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- shredded cheese
- 1Saute onion in butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; stirring constantly, until tender.
- 2Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water. Add bouillon and broth to dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Add potato; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in carrot, salt, and pepper; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 4Combine flour and 2 tbsp cooking liquid, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth. Stir flour mixture into soup mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low, stir in sour cream and parsley. Cook just until thoroughly heated.
- 5Serve in individual bowls. Top with cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 1033.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g