Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I picked up Chioggia beets at the farmers market. They were sweet and tender addition to red beets.
Make and share this Colorful Beet Salad on Arugula With Sherry Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- Heat (toaster) oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash beets and cut the stalks. Put beets on a sheet of aluminum foil and form a pouch, sealing tightly. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow beets to steam in pouch 10 minutes longer. Take beets out of pouch; place in refrigerator. When cool, slip beets out of their skins and slice. Set aside.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beets with the vinaigrette and serve on a bed of arugula.
This went over very well at my house. I have not yet been able to find chiogga beets, in fact I tried to grow them last year, but they didn't happen. The recipe worked just fine and dandy with red beets and was still pretty enough to eat! Made for PAC Spring 2013.