I love pumpkin desserts, especially in the fall and winter. Great to take to potlucks!
Make and share this Colonial Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 lbs powdered sugar (5.25 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar together. Blend in pumpkin and eggs. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in a greased 10x15 pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes.
- When cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- For frosting.
- Blend cream cheese and butter until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Blend in vanilla. Frost bars with frosting when they are cooled.