Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love pumpkin desserts, especially in the fall and winter. Great to take to potlucks!
Make and share this Colonial Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 lbs powdered sugar (5.25 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar together. Blend in pumpkin and eggs. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in a greased 10x15 pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes.
- When cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- For frosting.
- Blend cream cheese and butter until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Blend in vanilla. Frost bars with frosting when they are cooled.
YUMMY!!! Made as directed and everything turned out great! Took it to a school pot luck and everyone loved them.
These were yummy in flavor -- but as I was making the frosting I was adding the powdered sugar sloly and 5.25 cups would have been waay too much -- I ended up with approx 4 cups.