Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty, tangy, colorful potato salad I found in Bogotá. It’s a change from the mayonnaise based potato salads.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes when cooled, about 6 cups total
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and steamed until crisp-tender, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro, depending on taste
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
For the Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine potato cubes, carrot pieces, chopped onions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad ingredients.
- Gently combine tomato chunks with the rest of the salad.
- Chill and allow flavors to blend.