Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet, cakey raisin bread.
Make and share this Colombian Holiday Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g butter, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 12 eggs
- 14.79 ml lemon juice or 59.14 ml rum
- 236.59 ml raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl combine flour, corn meal, salt, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients and eggs to butter mixture, alternating 1/2 cup flour then 2 eggs, etc., mixing well with each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in lemon juice (or rum) and raisins.
- Grease 2 (9 x 13-inch) pans or 1 (9 x 13-inch) and 2 (8 x 8-inch) square pans.
- Pour batter into pans about 2/3 full. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.