Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
This is a coleslaw that I stole from a junior cook book that was once given to me as a young'in. Please Note: As an alternative, ready-made coleslaw dressings are available in bottles from your local supermarket to make it easy for you.
- 1⁄4 small green cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large sharp knife, finely shred the cabbage and place it in a large bowl.
- Grate the carrots on the large side of a grater. Finely chop the celery sticks.
- Add the onion, red pepper, grated carrot and chopped celery to the cabbage. Toss well to combine.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the cabbage mixture and toss well to combine. Serve.