Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coleslaw is my favourite salad, if it's well made and fresh! This is basically the one I learned at high school, and the one I enjoy almost the most.
- 1 cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled,finely diced
- 0 red onion, finely diced
- 2 stalk celery, finely diced
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise (I use Bests)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix together the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour over the vegetables and mix well.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.
Dressing review only: Loved the dressing. I used a pre-packaged slaw mix. I cut back on the mayo, halved the oil and used all other ingredients. I prefer a lightly coated slaw because I find it does get moister as it sits before serving. Enjoyed by all! Thanks a bunch, JustJanS!
A wonderful version where you can really taste the individual flavours and it is not overpowered by the dressing. I particularly liked the addition of the cucumber which I felt made the salad very refreshing. Thanks for posting.
Have made this many times and am finally getting around to writing a review! Really like this and DH loves the fact it is not loaded with a heavy creamy dressing! Very light and tangy! Oh yes, I always add a grated apple (and sort) and the added sweetness gets my 3 yr old twins to eat it as well. Bring on summer BBQ's!!!!