Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. From a cookbook of countries along the Danube, this came from Austria, right next door to Germany, so I've classified as Germanic. I have not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds wonderful. Please note that it calls for 1 cup of already whipped cream (not 1 cup of whipping cream). Hopefully the calorie and fat content will reflect this! (Looks like it did.) Cook time includes chill time.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 3 orange slices, thin, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, wine and orange peel in a 2 quart pot.
- Bring to a fast boil, remove from heat, and pour into bowl or soup tureen.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (about 3 hours).
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top and garnish with half an orange slice.