Prep 168 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My mother writes: "This is enough to take care of roughly two quarts of finger-sized pickling cucumbers." Seems like an easy recipe, but one that requires a little patience.
- 1892.0 ml cider vinegar
- 59.16 ml dry mustard
- 59.16 ml salt
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml whole cloves
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds
- 14.79 ml peppercorn
- 14.79 ml cinnamon stick, broken up
- Prepare the pickling juice a week before you are planning to use it by mixing all the ingredients together and stirring every morning.
- When ready to use, wash your pickling cucumbers and prick each with a fork.
- Pack into jars according to size.
- Pour enough of the vinegar mixture into the jars to cover the pickles.
- Divide spices among jars.
- Seal and store in a cool place.
- Season for a couple of months before using.