Recipe by Miss Annie
This pie filling has a wonderful coffee caramel flavor. It is very rich.
Top Review by chia
this was very tasty, reminiscent of pecan pie. my crust was totally hardened after an hour of cooking time, and the walnuts i added to the top didn't set. but when i cut into the pie later on the inside wasn't as set as i would have liked, rather runny. but the flavor was very good.
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
- 1⁄4 cup broken walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream brown sugar and butter until well blended; add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add salt, cream and coffee and mix well.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and stir in 1 cup walnuts and vanilla; pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour.
- Scatter broken walnuts on top and bake 5 minutes more.
- NOTE: Pie will puff during baking and shrink slightly as it cools.