Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a very good coffee cake. I have often been asked for the recipe since it is liked by all. Sometimes I also add a glaze to the top to make it extra pretty, but it really doesn't need it. The recipe is from our local newspaper.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream together margarine, cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well.
- Pour into greaased and floured 9 by 13 baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter and bake in 350 degree oven 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.