Recipe by Thorsten
All who like coffee and Baileys will love this different treat. Don't drink coffee and Baileys, EAT it. Your guests will be surprised, if you serve Coffee & Baileys not in a cup or glass, but on a spoon or plate. Fancy looking and easy to make.
Top Review by Shuzbud
An unusual recipe but it came out great! The coffee does need to be made strong or the flavour won't be able to compete with the Baileys! Next time I think I will set it in four layers rather than two, to blend the flavours and textures more evenly. This would be lovely as a light dessert with chocolate curls on top!
- 11 sheet unflavored gelatin
- 473.18 ml coffee (hot, as strong as you like it)
- 73.94 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 236.59 ml Baileys Irish Cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Let soak 7 sheets of leaf gelatin in cold water (for about 5 minutes).
- Make coffee. Make it as strong as you like. Add brown sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Take the gelatin out of the cold water and stir into the hot coffee until disolved. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile prepare a suited form of about 10 x 6 inches in size. Line out with cling film. Fill in the coffee mixture and put into the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Then soak 4 sheets of leaf gelatin in cold water (for about 5 minutes).
- Heat up the whipping cream. It should be warm. Take the gelatin out of the cold water and stir into the warm whipping cream until dissolved. Add Baileys and mix.
- Let cool, but don't let it gelatinize. Take Coffee jello out of the fridge and pour carefully the Baileys mixture onto the coffee jello.
- Put in the fridge and chill for at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- Take the "Coffee & Baileys Jello" together with the cling film out of the form.
- Cut it into cubes of about 1 inch using a thin sharp knife. Serve immediately or put them back into the fridge until use.
- NOTE: Should be make ahead one day prior serving.
- NOTE: Cooking time is for making one day ahead.
- NOTE on Gelatin: if you can't get leaf gelatin, you may use granulated gelatin. 4 sheets leaf gelatin are 1 envelope (o,25 oz) granulated gelatin. I would suggest to use 2 envelopes for the coffee part and 1 envelope for the Baileys part.