Chocolate-Banana Punch with Coffee Cubes
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
For the Ice Cubes
- 24 ounces cold brewed coffee
- 12 slices orange peel
For the Banana Dolphins
- 3 bananas
- lemon juice
- 6 cloves
- 3 cherries, soaked in Brandy
For the Punch
- 750 milliliters bottle Bourbon
- 750 milliliters bottle irish cream, prefer Bailey's
- 10 ounces banana liqueur, prefer Banane du Bresil by Giffard
- 1 ounce chocolate bitters
- 1 ounce tiki bitters
For the Ice Cubes:
- Place in each mold a 3 ?- 4 orange peel, manicured and feathered using a small knife. Place one in each mold coiled up slightly. Top each mold with 2 oz cold brew coffee. Freeze overnight.
For the Banana Dolphins:
- Use a sharp knife and cut the stem all the way to the banana and a little past to make a smile, Brush the stem opening with a little lemon juice to prevent browning. Place 2 cloves on each banana where eyes will go and place a brandied cherry in the mouth of each dolphin.
For the Punch:
- Stir together punch ingredients in a 2 gallon punch bowl. Place 6 ice cubes in the punch bowl and drape 4 feathered orange peels on top of ice cubes. To serve, add 1 coffee ice cube to your glass. Ladle in punch and garnish with an feathered orange peel.
- **Feather Orange peel. Using a navel orange 5 peels can be expected. Using a kitchen towel hold the orange to give better grip while peeling. Peel at a slight angle to get larger swaths. Once done with 12 peels get a sturdy cutting board and a very sharp paring knife. Begin by trimming the peel into a feather shape, narrow to a point at one end. Flip the peel with the pith, facing you. Beginning at the larger end of the peel make close notches on one side making sure not to cross more than half way through the peel. Do the same on the other side. Flex the peel so the notches separate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!