Gourmet magazine showcased this recipe years ago and I've always loved making it for both family and friends. It's so easy, but really delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs cod, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
For Biscuit Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Wash leek well and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Cook leek, carrot and celery in butter over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes.
- 4Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in milk, 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper; bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- 6Sauce will be thick.
- 7Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 8Blend in butter cubes with your fingers or food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 9Stir in milk and dill with a fork until mixture just comes together.
- 10Gather dough into a ball, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3 times.
- 11Roll out into a 8 inch square, 1 1/2 inches thick., then cut out 4 circles using a round biscuit cutter. (If you don't have a biscuit cutter, then a glass often works just as well.).
- 12Sprinkle cod with remaining salt and pepper.
- 13Bring sauce to a simmer and stir in fish, then divide among 4 10 oz. ramekins.
- 14Top each ramekin with a biscuit then brush with melted butter.
- 15Arrange ramekins in a shallow baking pan and bake until sauce is bubbling and biscuits are golden, 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Pot Pie / Pies With Dill Biscuit Crusts
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.6
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 1326.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.4 g