Recipe by LuvMeImCute
This tender flavorful fish recipe is both inexpensive and elegant! A great date night or company dish.
Top Review by culshafer
I would make this again with some changes, I have to watch my fat intake so I had already used fat free mayo as a sub. The lemon was a bit overbearing for my taste I will omit it next time. My change for the next round is using only 1.3/4 c mayo and 1 tbs seasoning, also I am gonna try spraying a pan with olive oil and brown the fish on a high heat to sear it as not to cook it thru and then finish it off in the oven. I will again as i did for the first round sprinkle some seasoned bread crumbs on top before baking.
- 24 ounces cod fish fillets (or any mild white fish)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small purple onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix mayo, parmasian, seasoning in a bowl unil smooth.
- In a large skillet melt butter and lemon juice together.
- Place filets in the skillet and cook over medium low heat approx 15 minute.
- In a pyrex dish place filets cooked side up and cover with mayo mixture and top with onion.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes till fish is done and mixture has thickened into a thick creamy crust.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve with veggies or a salad.