Prep 10 mins
Cook 34 mins
Cod in tomato sauce
Make and share this Cod in Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 400 g tomatoes
- 600 g cannellini beans
- 12 olives
- 300 g pasta
- 500 g cod
- Preheat the grill. In a pan, gently fry the onion and pepper in 1 tsp oil in a pan. Do this over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the honey, herbs and tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Puree with a hand-held blender until almost smooth. Add the beans, olives and 150ml water. Simmer, covered, for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the tomato sauce is heating, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Brush the fish with the rest of the oil and season. Transfer the fish on to a lightly greased baking tray. Cook under the grill for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. The exact cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill.
- Mix the fusilli pasta with the tomato sauce and serve in bowls with a slice of fish on top. Season with black pepper.