Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The easiest Richest Coconut Cake you'll Ever make! If you like Coconut, this is the cake for YOU!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 egg whites
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) cangoya cream of coconut (if you cannot find, than 1, 8 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez, I personally use the larger Goya)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (if you do not have coconut)
- 6 ounces coconut
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minute I have found this to be the aprox.
- time for two layer cakes,.
- and a 9X13.
- Blend sugar into softened cream cheese, blend in milk and add extract until smooth.
- Spread on cool cake and sprinkle with coconut.
Wow, this is a delicious cake! I decided to make this into cupcakes, and 35 minutes later, pulled out burnt craters. LOL They sunk in the middle, so to make sure that they were cooked in the middle, I added more time. I did turn down the heat, but by that time it was too late. They taste delicious, but I am not sure if I can use them. Next time, I would cook them at 275-300 degrees, and hopefully that would give them enough time to cook through. But thank you, Mrs. Khaylis, for this recipe.
I made this for my mama's 50th birthday and it was perfect! Her favorite kind of cake is coconut and she couldn't say enough good things about this one! Needless to say, I will be making this again for her! Thanks so much!
this was 1. easy 2. moist 3. delicious 4. a great hit with my friends. 5. a keeper. I made this for the cake a thon for chef i am. i was very sorry to hear the sad news. the cake will be a reminder of her whenever i bake it.