Recipe by Mrs.Khaylis
The easiest Richest Coconut Cake you'll Ever make! If you like Coconut, this is the cake for YOU!
Top Review by strangemk ; )
Wow, this is a delicious cake! I decided to make this into cupcakes, and 35 minutes later, pulled out burnt craters. LOL They sunk in the middle, so to make sure that they were cooked in the middle, I added more time. I did turn down the heat, but by that time it was too late. They taste delicious, but I am not sure if I can use them. Next time, I would cook them at 275-300 degrees, and hopefully that would give them enough time to cook through. But thank you, Mrs. Khaylis, for this recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 egg whites
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) cangoya cream of coconut (if you cannot find, than 1, 8 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez, I personally use the larger Goya)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (if you do not have coconut)
- 6 ounces coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minute I have found this to be the aprox.
- time for two layer cakes,.
- and a 9X13.
- Blend sugar into softened cream cheese, blend in milk and add extract until smooth.
- Spread on cool cake and sprinkle with coconut.