Kermakakku (Finnish Sour Cream Cake)
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 -3 drops almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream the eggs, sugar, sour cream, almond, and ground cardamom.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and mix with egg mixture.
- Butter a tube or Bundt pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle turned out cake with powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I liked this cake and it got many compliments at a graduation party. I barely got a slice to try it myself! Used small pieces of cardamom instead of finely ground for nice pops of flavor but otherwise followed recipe. Made in a tube cake pan with a removable bottom and was able to remove easily before it was completely cooled.