Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy coconut shrimp wrapped up in a wonton bundle and served with a sweet cocktail sauce.
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) jar seafood cocktail sauce, divided use
- 60 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine shrimp, coconut, cream cheese and 1/2 cup shrimp sauce in mixing bowl.
- Place about 2 teaspoons shrimp mixture onto one corner of one wonton wrapper; moisten edges with water.
- Fold in half to form triangle; press firmly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers and shrimp mixture.
- Pour oil into large skillet to 1/4-inch depth.
- Heat over high heat for 1 minute.
- Fry wontons for about 30 seconds on each side or until light golden brown.
- Remove from skillet; drain.
- Combine remaining cocktail sauce and honey in small bowl and serve with wontons.
Made these for our Friday night get together with some neighbors and they received rave reviews. These little goodies are soooooo good. They take a little time to prepare, but they are worth every second. I used my teflon griddle , sprayed it with Pam and used very little oil. Next time I am going to try them on a cookie sheet and spraying them with my Pampered Chef oil sprayer and baking them.....anything to cut down on the fat and calories. Thanks Mercy for a delicious keeper.
These are fantastic! I made these for a Christmas Party and they were the first thing gone! Love em!