Crispy Shrimp Wontons
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 24 wonton wrappers (3 inch)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese (from 8-oz container)
- 5 ounces baby shrimp, cooked and well drained
- 1⁄4 cup chinese plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F Place 12 wonton wrappers side by side on sheet of waxed paper. Brush both sides of wrappers with 1 tablespoon oil. Pleat edges of wrappers; place in 12 ungreased mini muffin cups, pressing in bottom and up sides. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers, oil and additional 12 mini muffin cups.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Stir cream cheese to soften. Spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese into each cup. Top with 3 to 5 shrimp.
- Bake 1 minute longer or until cream cheese is soft. Remove wontons from pan; place on serving platter. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon plum sauce. Sprinkle with chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>