1/1 Photo of Coconut Shrimp
A very tasty coconut ahrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 teaspoon spoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons spoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 4 red chilies
- 3 tablespoons dry coconut paste (fresh or flakes, anything can be used)
- 2 medium size onions (very finely chopped)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil, to cook
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Devein and clean the shrimp.
- 2wash it and pat it dry with paper towel.
- 3Mix 2 teaspoon salt, turmeric and lemon juice.
- 4Leave it to marinate for about 1/2 an hour.
- 5In a wok or frying pan (avoid non stick) heat the oil.
- 6In the oil fry the minced onions, garlic, ginger paste, cumin, coriander, mustard seed powder, 1 teaspoon salt and chili. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add coconut paste and tomatoes. Keep stirring till the spices look separated from the oil (about 2-3 minutes).
- 8Add the water. If you want thick gravy you can add less water.
- 9Once the gravy start boiling, drop in the shrimp (throw away the marinade) and boil on low medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- 10Do not overcook the shrimp, otherwise it will become very chewy.
- 11Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 1005.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: