Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great accompaniment to my Thai Chicken recipe from BH & G. It is diabetic-friendly, but does have 23 grams of carbs per serving of 2/3 cup.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh snow pea (bias-sliced 2 inches long)
- In a small saucepan combine the water, coconut milk, rice and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Place pea pods on top of rice. Cover and cook about 5 minutes more or until rice and vegetables are nearly tender; there may still be some liquid. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve with Thai Chicken.