1 hr 30 mins
Recipe posted by request. Cook time reflects chill time as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaf
- 1/2 cup loosley packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or lite)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 medium ripe peaches, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped English cucumbers
- 1 medium mango, peeled pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil (lite if you can)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a food processor combine 1/4 of the sliced green onions, the garlic, cilantro, mint, and parsley.
- 2Pulse to finely chop and scrape into a glass bowl.
- 3Add the coconut milk mixing well.
- 4Measure and add enough water to make 4 cups.
- 5Whisk well and set aside.
- 6In a large pot over medium high heat add the rice and oil.
- 7Stir to coat.
- 8Add the coconut milk mixture.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- 10Cook rice for 18 minutes, remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes.
- 11Turn rice out into a large bowl and toss well to cool and separate.
- 12Place in the fridge, stirring often to help cool.
- 13In a food processor combine the mango, red onion, garlic, sugar, red wine vinegar and puree until smooth.
- 14While machine is running slowly and in a very thin stream add the oil.
- 15Add the salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
- 16To the rice add the peaches, red pepper and cucumber.
- 17If serving right away toss with dressing to coat.
- 18If serving later cover rice mixture and dressing seprately.
- 19Add the desired amount of dressing right before serving.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.1
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 523.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g