Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe posted by request. Cook time reflects chill time as well.
Make and share this Coconut Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup loosley packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or lite)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 medium ripe peaches, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped English cucumbers
- 1 medium mango, peeled pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil (lite if you can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a food processor combine 1/4 of the sliced green onions, the garlic, cilantro, mint, and parsley.
- Pulse to finely chop and scrape into a glass bowl.
- Add the coconut milk mixing well.
- Measure and add enough water to make 4 cups.
- Whisk well and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium high heat add the rice and oil.
- Stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook rice for 18 minutes, remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Turn rice out into a large bowl and toss well to cool and separate.
- Place in the fridge, stirring often to help cool.
- In a food processor combine the mango, red onion, garlic, sugar, red wine vinegar and puree until smooth.
- While machine is running slowly and in a very thin stream add the oil.
- Add the salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
- To the rice add the peaches, red pepper and cucumber.
- If serving right away toss with dressing to coat.
- If serving later cover rice mixture and dressing seprately.
- Add the desired amount of dressing right before serving.