Recipe by Outta Here
This is a nice "tropical" flavored banana bread. Instead of walnuts, substitute chopped macadamias for a more tropical flavor.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This bread is amazing!! Made as written except I used fat-free vanilla yogurt rather than the plain and it cooked up nicely in 58 minutes. Will be making often since I have lots of overly ripe bananas in the freezer. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag 5/2010.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Set aside.
- Place sugar, oil, yogurt and eggs in mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add banana, vanilla and pineapple.
- Mix until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low until just moist.
- Stir in walnuts and coconut.
- Put batter in loaf pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.