Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My unique twists on the traditional coconut macaroon. The 20 minutes for cook time, is 20 minutes per batch.
- NOTE:To cut this recipe in half, use one.
- 7 ounce package of flaked coconut, 1/3 cup.
- of sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt (dash). Also 1.
- Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl. Stir in egg whites (not whipped) and almond extract until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto greased and floured cookie sheets.
- Bake 325F for 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons:If making the full batch, melt a 16-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate.
- squares. I just stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes; after the first minute has passed I check it to see if it's fully.
- melted. Chocolate retains shape when you melt it, so after the 2 minutes is up, stir to break up the chocolate squares.
- that remain to achieve a smooth consistency. Dip baked coconut macaroons (allow to cool first) halfway inches.
- melted chocolate. Space apart (so they don't stick to each other) on parchment paper lined baking sheets (or you.
- can just use big dinner plates) and put in refrigerator. Chill for a half hour to allow chocolate to harden. I use.
- parchment paper because they don't stick when you remove them from the plates or cookie sheets.
- Chocolate-Orange Coconut Macaroons: Follow procedure described above for making chocolate dipped coconut.
- macaroons. Follow recipe as directed, except replace almond extract with 1 t of pure orange extract.
- Minted Chocolate Coconut Macaroons: Follow procedure described above for making chocolate dipped coconut.
- macaroons. Follow recipe as directed, except replace almond extract with 1 t of pure peppermint extract.
- Mocha Macaroons:Follow procedure as described above for making coconut macaroons except replace almond extract with 1 T of instant coffee granules.