Recipe by OSUChrissy
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
Top Review by j_slo
everyone loved these, much better than previous recipes i've used that call for condensed milk which i find way too sweet. they were a breeze to prepare - perfect addition to christmas baking list as they freeze well and travel well.
- 1 1⁄3 cups bakers angel flake coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut, sugar, flour & salt in mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg whites & almond extract; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Garnish with candied cherry halves, if desired.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets immediately.