Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thai flavor chicken. You can serve it with your favorite white or jasmin rice, or even with couscous.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, bottled minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, bottled minced
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine 1/2 cup water, coconut milk, and next 6 ingredients (through curry paste), stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan and cook about 6 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove from pan and keep it warm.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add peas, onion, mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add coconut milk mixture and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken and lime juice to pan and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over you favorite rice.