Recipe by *Asha*
Thai flavor chicken. You can serve it with your favorite white or jasmin rice, or even with couscous.
Top Review by mama smurf
Very quick, easy and delicious...I haven't fixed curry anything so I was a little leary about the green curry paste. I followed the directions exactly but I think next time I will add more curry paste or chili sauce. It was a very mild tasting dinner for anyone. I served it with jasimine rice and Cold Cucumber Salad #274131 by mersaydees. Made for Spring PAC 09.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, bottled minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, bottled minced
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup water, coconut milk, and next 6 ingredients (through curry paste), stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan and cook about 6 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove from pan and keep it warm.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add peas, onion, mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add coconut milk mixture and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken and lime juice to pan and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over you favorite rice.