Curried Chicken, Lentil & Mushroom Skillet
- Ready In:
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten and cut into bite size chunks. Place pieces into bowl and sprinkle with curry & paprika, stir spices into chicken, set aside.
- Clean and chop mushrooms, put into large skillet with 1 T olive oil and begin to cook down, stirring occassionally. Meanwhile chop up green onion, set aside a bit of the copped green tops for garnish and add the rest to skillet.
- After about 8-10 minutes add the chopped chicken & the chopped onion and brown all together stirring often. Remove browned chicken mushroom mixture from skillet and put into a glass bowl. Set aside. No need to rinse out the skillet!
- Add Chicken broth, coconut juice, chopped garlic, and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer as soon as it starts to boil and add in the lentils, cover, simmer, stirring occassionally, until lentils are tender (about 20-25 min).
- Stir in 2 t cornstarch to thicken and mix well. Bring up to a boil to thicken and turn the heat back down.
- Add back in the chicken mushroom mixture & heat through well.
- Just before serving stir in 2 T Plain Yogurt & top with Green onion tops that were set aside earlier.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an artist who considers food just as much of an artform as any other media. My husband & I both love cooking, love the joy of sharing good food that we made. Became Gluten Free a ways back and am always on the hunt for GF recipes that I can enjoy AND that my husband won't feel deprived eating with me!