Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Found this on an old newspaper clipping. Servings is estimated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat to 238 degrees F on low heat until thick (about 45 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Place cooled mixture into bowl and knead in powdered sugar.
- Shape into small balls and roll in shredded coconut.