Recipe by BestTeenChef
Yummy!!! This is my new favorite cookie! Made them a couple nights ago and can't stop eating them! Hope you enjoy them like I did!
Top Review by PCVAlyssa
These were pretty good. I used butter instead of margarine, and didn't need any more milk to make the batter stick. A couple of suggestions, though... how big/thick should the rectangle be? I did dropped teaspoonfuls, then flattened them to 1/3'', which seemed to be okay. Also, the icing was REALLY sweet for me (and my sweet tooth isn't intimidated easily). Maybe cut the sugar in half, since the jam already has enough sugar in it? Otherwise, fantastic, and will make again.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until light and creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in bowl and add to butter mixture.
- Mix well. NOTE: If dough is not sticking together add more milk.
- With rolling pin, roll out into large rectangle and cut with glass cup or cookie cutter.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 375° for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool before icing.
- For icing: Add all ingredients together adding more milk to get easy spreading consistency.