Recipe by eBeth
An easy cookie to mix up with lots of variation possiblities. No eggs or butter needed.
Top Review by redneckgetaway51
You saved my Memorial dinner. It's the end of the month, and the end of the groceries, and it's a holiday. I was trying to think of a dessert, but I had no butter lef, I had no eggs left, what to make til I saw this recipe with oil. They were very good, did remind me alot of granola. I mixed in some white chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Very good, and actually filling. I had two cookies and it was more than enough to satisfy, and fill me up. Every one thought they were very good, and even a little unique.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together; oil, water, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove carefully to cooling rack.
- Cookies will hold together better as they cool.
- Variations: Try 1/4 c oil and 1/4 cup peanut butter.
- Try chocolate chips instead of raisins.
- Try almond extract and chopped almonds.
- Try craisins, sunflower nuts, you name it!