Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy cookie to mix up with lots of variation possiblities. No eggs or butter needed.
Make and share this Coconut Cookies (With Oil) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together; oil, water, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove carefully to cooling rack.
- Cookies will hold together better as they cool.
- Variations: Try 1/4 c oil and 1/4 cup peanut butter.
- Try chocolate chips instead of raisins.
- Try almond extract and chopped almonds.
- Try craisins, sunflower nuts, you name it!
You saved my Memorial dinner. It's the end of the month, and the end of the groceries, and it's a holiday. I was trying to think of a dessert, but I had no butter lef, I had no eggs left, what to make til I saw this recipe with oil. They were very good, did remind me alot of granola. I mixed in some white chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Very good, and actually filling. I had two cookies and it was more than enough to satisfy, and fill me up. Every one thought they were very good, and even a little unique.
These were... weird. They didn't really hold together and the "batter" seemed practically like granola and was really hard to mold into cookie-like shapes to put on my baking sheet. Maybe adding an egg as a couple of the other reviewers had would help. No leavening either. Odd. The final product was okay - certainly edible, and tasty even, but not something I would make again.
These taste like granola bars! I replaced the raisins for chocolate chips! Very good!