Best Darn Sugar Cookies Ever
photo by A Marsteller
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- Cream sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and oil.
- Then cream in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
- Start adding dry ingredients to creamed ingredients less than 1 cup at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Drop 1-2" balls on the cookie sheet.
- If you would like, you can flatten the balls with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- You can also sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar, colored sugar sprinkles, etc.
This is a wonderful recipe! The cookies turned out so light and crisp... This is the best sugar cookie I have ever had. I did however make two changes: 1- I used avocado oil - there was no hint of it in the cookie 2- I did not refrigerate the dough... I just couldn't... I must have cookies now! I used my cookie scoop and pressed them with a glass dipped in colored sugar Such a great cookie recipe... I know I will be making these many many times
I made these last night and added the nutmeg as another reviewer suggested. My hubby threw his in the trash after one bite. I like nutmeg in a lot of things, but these cookies are NOT one of them. Would have probably been good without that addition. I should have known better. Otherwise, were flaky, melt in your mouth and uniform in shape and color. Made them for a neighbor's 1st grade son to take to his teacher. I hope she doesn't flunk him. ;(
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I got married very young and now are in our twenties raising our 3 children. We recently celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary. As a family that was started at such a young age we are used to cooking on a budget. As my children grow older (they are now 9,8, and 4) I am getting used to cooking in larger quantities also. Recipezaar has been an absolute God send in helping me plan meals for my family.