Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is not a typical carrot salad but taste more like a fruit ambrosia. Excellent and healthy side dish!
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- combine first four ingredients.
- mix together yogurt, honey and juice add to carrot mixture and stir well.
- refrigerate until serving.
- Variations: You can add extra yogurt if needed. I have also used sour cream when I ran out of yogurt and it was very good. Another alternative to plain yogurt is Pina Colada yogurt. YUM!
This was very good. I added raisins just because it just seemed to *need* raisins. That's probably because every carrot salad I've had in the past has had raisins in it. I used plain yogurt; I'll also try it with vanilla next time just to kick up the sweetness a bit.
Very good, unique salad! I love the simplicity of it and the exotic flavors. I got rave reviews all around! Thanks!
This was so good it was ubelievable. I couldn't find an individual cntainer of plain yogurt so I used vanilla flavoured yogurt and it worked very well. It was sweet and crunchy at the same time and I liked it that way.