Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fluffy and light and delicious. They are also chock-full of fiber that you can't even tell is there! I found this recipe on the bag of Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour. I like mine with a smear of spiced apple jam on top.
- 354.88 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 236.59 ml rice flour
- 78.07 ml coconut flour
- 29.58 ml potato starch or 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml oil (I used walnut oil)
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- Use coconut oil to grease the pan for delicious results.
- Add chocolate chips and that makes them even more amazing!
- In a bowl whisk the rice flour, coconut flour, starch, baking powder, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the buttermilk, sugar, and eggs together until well incorporated.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mix and pour the liquid mix into it.
- Carefully stir the dry and the liquid ingredients together until batter is formed.
- The batter will be very thick, don't worry, this is normal!
- Spray your non-stick pan with cooking spray (I use coconut oil) over low heat.
- Drop a little less than 1/3 of a cup of batter onto the pan. It may need to be spread slightly with a spatula or the edge of your measuring cup.
- Cook approximately 1 minute then turn over and cook the other side.
- The pancake should puff up slightly and feel firm if pressed on in the center with your finger. This takes about 45-60 seconds.
- Remove pancake and hold on a warmed plate with a clean kitchen towel covering it until served.
- Repeat until remaining batter is used.
My kids loved these pancakes! I added mini chocolate chips to some of the pancakes, with great results. Thanks for a terrific recipe.
Light nice pancakes! I used 3% yogurt mixed with water for the butter milk, tapioca starch like another reviewer, canola oil, baking soda & organic apple cider vinegar to replace the baking powder as I can not find one which fits our diet, plus the rest of the ingredients. Maybe I will make again!
These are fluffy and delicious indeed! I used tapioca for the starch and thinned coconut milk with some lemon juice for the buttermilk, and it worked extremely well. Great texture and taste, will make them again often! Thanks for sharing.
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.