Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't yet cooked this one, but it looks like it'd be an interesting combination, so I'm going to try it sometime soon.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed together
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- Cream together the butter and eggs, then mix in the ripe bananas and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar together, then add to the wet ingredients and mix just until all is moistened.
- Add the coconut.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so, until done.
An excellent recipe! The muffins are light and fluffy and the coconut makes all the difference to the flavour. I only got 12 muffins from the batter but perhaps my cases were larger. Thanks Danielle!
I tried this one last weekend. They were very good. I did add pecans because my husband loves them in his banana bread. The coconut gave it a little extra taste.