- 1 (18 ounce) cangrated coconut in heavy syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain syrup from coconut. Reserve syrup.
- Mix coconut, brown sugar, and vanilla in a medium size saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for a few minutes then allow to cool.
- Make small balls on buttered cookie sheet and set aside.
- Mix coconut syrup and white sugar in small saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until it becomes dark brown.
- Pour over balls and allow to cool.