Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt.
- Add the sugar gradually to the shortening, creaming well.
- Blend in the 2 unbeaten eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the baking soda and water.
- Add alternately with dry ingredients to creamed mixture beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly after each addition with the mixer on low speed.
- Fill 20 to 24 muffin pans one-half, lined with muffin paper cups.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the nuts over the cup cake batter.
- Bake in 375 oven for 20-25 minutes.
These were/are fabulous despite me accidentally leaving out the eggs !! I used peppermint choc chips and the they were made in a jiffy ! Made for the Think Pink tag game.
I love these because they are fast and easy-no frosting needed. And, they aren't so sweet, DH will sometimes take for a breakfast snack. Thank you, Kathy, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
I made these for my honey to take up to his snowmobiling excursion in the U.P....I think the boys will love them.